If you plan on using the zoom a lot then the better zoom. If not, then the megapixels. But with the selection of digital cameras these days you should be able to find a good balance.
is it better to have more megapixels or a better optical zoom?
If you plan on using the zoom a lot then the better zoom. If not, then the megapixels. But with the selection of digital cameras these days you should be able to find a good balance.
[LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]
If you have to go point and shoot, I'd say go for the megapixels.
You can crop in and do more with your photos. On point and shoots even a 'big' optical zoom isn't that grand. They dont zoom out or focus very quickly, so you'd be using it in planned shots.
www.dpreview.com
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
I generally advise on optical zoom anymore just because you can find more than enough megapixels for most peoples needs at even the most entry level pieces in quality brands. But it does vary on everyones individual needs.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Bookmarks